Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pogo Dancing & Polar Bears

Scored last minute tix yesterday to a Bloc Party gig at the Astoria. Number #1 - LOVE the venue (so sad it's days are numbered!). Number #2 - Love the Bloc. Bounced around like a hyperactive, rather formerly dressed teenager for 3 hours... before realising I was a sad old person trying to jump around like a teenager in completely inappropriate work kit. Luckily by that stage I was fairly trashed so the realisation didn't cramp the dancing S.T.Y.L.E.

One black cloud over the evening - they didn't play my favourite song! Any band who works Polar Bears into their lyrics is OK by me.

Two more years, there's only two more years
Two more years, there's only two more years
Two more years so hold on

You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear
Tears to fill a sea to drown a beacon
To start anew all over, remove those scars from your arms
To start anew all over more enlightened

Errr, I may be losing all my rocky credentials here - that excerpt sounds a touch too touchy feely. Rest assured much more hard core when belted out in song.

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home