Friday, November 18, 2005

Eye of the Tiger

Do you know what I think has been one of the toughest parts of 'growing up' for me - learning to relenquish the need to be loved by everyone. Argh, it's a truely incidious handicap because it manifests itself in so many nasty ways. For a start it persuades me to avoid conflict if at all possible - which in turn means I rarely stand up for myself or assert my own needs.

Actually I don't want to talk about this bs - all I'm really doing here is procrastinating in an attempt to delay the moment I have to walk into my boss's office & convince him to give me something I don't think he really wants to give me... but I want it & I need it & I've earnt it & what's the bloody harm in asking again... oh God I'm going to be sick. Must not back down, must not back down, must not back down.

Lord, where is the Rocky soundtrack when you need it?

2 Constructive Critisisms:

Blogger Youssef Elmasri came back with...

So how did it go with your boss? Is it too cheeky to ask?

5:09 pm  
Blogger The Brown Pie Piece came back with...

Crashed and burned :-( Ahh screw it - 69 days till I'm outta here... pilfering office supplies and bandwidth like a fiend until then (as due compensation).

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home