Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Truth Is Out There

I am deeply suspicious of the random play function in Windows Media Player. Many, many very dedicated work hours have been spent downloading music from the web, and I must say, I'm rather proud of the 3000 or so odd songs I've (somewhat illegally) acquired. Why then, when I whack on the random play, do I tend to hear very similar play lists from day to day? Is there some statistical abnormality/trend/truism here that I'm missing? (*shiver* was never very good with stats - please explain in little words)

At the risk of betraying an unhealthy leaning towards anthropomorphism - maybe my laptop's trying to tell me something... maybe Matilda doesn't like my taste in music... hmmm...

It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma & presented in a riddle.

2 Constructive Critisisms:

Blogger Youssef Elmasri came back with...

You will have to run media player in random mode for thousands of times to see a truely random behavior :).

10:29 pm  
Blogger The Brown Pie Piece came back with...

Well I'll be darned. Ask and ye shall recieve. Thanks stats-man!

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home