Monday, January 16, 2006

Black Flag fella

Monday again?! So soon?! Alrighty then, this week's morphemes come from Henry Rollins - rocker extrodinnaire & friend of thick-necked gym junkies everywhere.

"I ignored memories that had become defining lessons in shame to come from the cool shadows of the tree line to the clearing because you put your hand out to me. I stopped thinking that need was danger disguised as desperation because you said my name. I stopped thinking that desire was violence disguised as mutual disgust because you kissed me. I stopped thinking that life was fear disguised as mere existence because I could feel you breathing when I held you in my arms. And when I was finally standing at my full height, emboldened by the sheer power of wanting and being wanted, of calling out and being heard, this is when you chose to show me that I am invisible unless viewed under the spotlight of rejection, that I am voiceless in the howling storm of your indifference. Time passes in a vacuum and then suddenly you summon me like a siren to the fatal shore of your heart. But there's no shore, no heart. Just vast desert expanse where the weary and bewildered wander lost, wishing for the cool shadows and the darkness behind the tree line."
- Broken Summers

2 Constructive Critisisms:

Blogger Youssef Elmasri came back with...

Man! That was a nice passage, but depressing. I know it's Monday, but take it easy!
Since you're a book worm (and I mean that in a good way), check Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/). That website helped me put my unlimited print quota at work to good use hahaha.

11:14 am  
Blogger The Brown Pie Piece came back with...

Thanks for the tip :-) I've stumbled across the site before but I'm starting to get just a little concerned about this kinda thing...
http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/1325.cfm

2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home