Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name

Just like you can count on the middle classes to dole out ridiculously flowery Edwardian names (which they will then ironically shorten to one syllable, androgynous sobriquets like Kit or Jess), you can count on the rich to bestow stupid, stupid names. Hardly surprising in our business then, that it's become regular sport to identify and ridicule those select clients with the most outrageous nomens.

In this spirit, the following email arrived in my inbox today:

Count and Countess Labia

... in attendance at tonight's event. Also in attendance: Mr and Mrs Dick. Sadly not as a double date.


Dammit! My best last week was 'Jemima Scuttlebuck' - I think I've been trumped! Lucky I've still got Mrs. Dikshit in the bag for next week.

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home