Monday, December 19, 2005

The Owl & The Pussycat

Happy Last-Monday-Before-Christmas everyone! My stellar good mood persists and I'm quite enchanted by the new layer of white stuff outside... 'I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, with every Christmas card [blog] I write...' I've said it before & I'll say it again - Bing was the blue eyed, light footed, honey-voiced crooner of an uncle I never had. I grant you Uncle Bruno used to do his fair share of impromptu vaudeville at the odd family event, but it doesn't necessarily follow that comparisons with Going My Way were made... The Country Girl maybe...

So I found a bit of a soul sista in blog-land this morning, Decopuss. She writes a nifty little blog called Koroviev's Stunts, in which she jots down 'gorgeous words I've [she's] read or heard'. What a utterly simple but totally stupendous idea! Watch as I now appropriate it for my own wicked purposes...

Yes, Monday's blog shall henceforth be dedicated to gorgeous words I stumble across. I'm always frustrated I can't recall many of my favourite passages, poems or lines of prose on command, so hopefully this little exercise may help to solidify a couple in my (in)active memory.

Drumroll please:
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon.
Edward Lear "The Owl and the Pussycat"

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home