Monday, February 06, 2006

Lost & Drowning

When good gifts go bad
by BBP

Some belated and very naughty Christmas pressies were awaiting my return to London - a 4kg tin of Quality Street, 4 bottles of red, 2 of Champagne & a king sized Caramello Koala. I love my friends, I know they mean well, but you don't give Attila the Hun an army of blood-thirsty Moors - Ted Bundy, a Lonley Planet guide to America - Myra Hindley, keys to the local creche - do you?! *sigh* Needless to say, resolutions 1 to 3 are now officially out the window. 4 weeks of saintliness before the fall - a new BPP record. In a supreme act of sacrifice (rivaling that soft core pretender Abraham & son- jeeze, what is up with me & biblical irony this year?), I donated chocy to the kitchen kids - the wine however, is posing a real problem.

I know it's never good to drink alone, but apparently I sadistically needed to remind myself of that fact last night. *groan* Kathleen brought me back seasons 1 & 2 of Lost from Shanghai, so I holed myself up in my room and didn't move from my laptop for 7hrs. In the absence of actual, solid foods (foraging in the kitchen would have required more than the maximum 2 minutes pause I was allowed for rest breaks) the only other thing in my room to consume was the wine; the evil, crappy, Spanish wine (I am never snubbing Jacob's Creek again - I hereby swear to be eternally grateful for even the most average of Australian wines. You'd think with thousands of years to mess about with the recipe, those Spaniards could muster up a more decent drop). Nastiness. Dozed off at some point, semi dressed & fully blissed out - but not before I'd messily wept for the tragic death of one of my favourite characters (yes - on the show, not in real life).

Was awoken @ 2 by an incoming txt which I confused for my alarm clock & gave myself such a fright that I bolted for the shower & was half way through conditioning before I realised I didn't have to be anywhere for another 7 hours. Stumbled immediately back into bed and eventually rocked up to my meeting this morning on time & very clean... but with very Ms. Turner-esque hair, as I neglected to dry before collapsing back into unconsciousness. Social drinker - must remember I am a SOCIAL DRINKER!

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home