Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why I got into the Arts: Reason #2

Reminds me of the look on my mother's face when I announced that, after 2 years of Economics, I was switching to Art History - priceless.

From a Kurt Vonnegut interview:

"If you want to really hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to
be gay, the least you can do is go into the arts. I'm not kidding. The arts are
not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more
bearable. Practising an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your
soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell
stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you
possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created
something."

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home