Friday, March 30, 2012

Stolen Identity!

Ok so it was then, and is even more so with the passing of time, excruciatingly clear this blog was a vanity exercise. A means of purging my mid-twenties cleverness (and by cleverness, I mean the self-satisfied drivel which sadly preoccupied much of my thoughts). But I was disappointed, nay alarmed, to learn that my eponymous little word play had been 'appropriated' by another in the blogosphere...


In Pursuit of the Trivial is the op-ed website of multimedia storyteller Nathan Mattise. Mattise enjoys many things, but at the top of the list is pop-culture. He’s an avid reader of many blogs, listener of various podcasts and watcher of even the most absurd television for this reason. Can any of this ever help him achieve something in the professional realm? Probably not. But it did lead to the creation of In Pursuit of the Trivial in July 2007.

Now if I'm going to look at this dispassionately, with great objectivity and good humour, I could commend the author for putting some time, energy and skill into the design and layout of his blog, for regularly adding content, for doing cool extra stuff like podcasts, for having a Wikipedia entry, for writing about things of interest to more than say, one person on the planet... all things glaringly absent in my little offering, but dang, I'm still a little peeved!
Oh well, live and let live. He may well have come up with it himself after pondering the plays of Brecht (hmmmm), or perhaps it's a considered post-modern gesture - history is dead, after all. But just so we're clear, for the record, I hung my shingle in October 2005 kids!

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home