Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cookies are a sometimes food?

Well doesn’t my last entry read like I’m some sad old sod?! Feeling just as resolute but a little less manic today. Had my 1st 12hr sleep in… Lord I don’t know how long, but I’m fairly sure it was well before everyone started getting excited about birds catching the sniffles… and I feel fine. Really should give up the batman hours.


Inserting this little picture to lighten the mood in here somewhat & well – because it’s Thanksgiving stoopid. (Oh & because I’m pissed off @ Jim Henderson & co. for sending Cookie Monster on a diet!) Not a holiday I celebrate, but I offer my most hearty congratulations to anyone who wants to consume all those carbs in one sitting. Cheers guys.

By way of small clarification after yesterday's sudden torrent, I just wanted to reassure one & all that if someone should happen to walk up to me on the street today and ask,

"Hey Brown Pie Piece, do you like your life?"

I would most honestly and resoundingly reply;

"Why yes, odd stranger who somehow cleverly (and disturbingly) decoded my alias and tracked me down to this little street, I'm having a corker! How 'bout yourself?"

At which point we'd enjoy a lovely long conversation over some Chai lattes at the nearest Baresso.

What's got me trippin’ (to borrow from the parlance of my generation), is that ever present & eternal(ly cliche) conflict between choosing an easy life and a life of meaning. I just can’t help hoping there’s something more. Oh God, just re-read that and I sound like a prime candidate for one of Anthony Robbins' taped lecture series – I’m stopping right now before I throw myself from this 2nd story office window (mainly because the jump would not kill me & I’d be left in hospital for weeks on end with nothing to do but contemplate these depressing thoughts).

0 Constructive Critisisms:

Post a Comment

<< Home